Another week, another pound! At this week's weigh-in, I'm down to a total loss of -12.4lbs.
Another pound and a half down the... er.... well.... drain? That brings me to my very next point: Where DOES the weight actually go? I mean, 12lbs is a considerable amount of poundage to just disappear. I now the actual term is that it "is burned off as energy".... but that definition is just not acceptable to me. I would physically like to see it fall off in chucks :}. I just keep picturing in my mind 2 bags of sugar that just disappeared out of thin air (and hard work of course!)
When I first started this weight-loss journey 7 weeks ago, I took a picture of myself for reference sake. Due to the horrible appearance of these pictures, I won't disclose these pictures until I lose a little more weight. Then, I'll let you see the before and after. I have been meaning to take one every month, but I forgot (oops.). I say all that to say, that I took another one today, and I have to tell you.... I can't see much of a difference. Now, my Mom and JB both say that they can tell... but seriously... that's my Mama and my husband. Aren't they supposed to say things like that? I called JB on it though, and I asked him "HOW" he could tell that I'd lost weight. His response: "I can tell when I hug you". Aww. That was nice.
Now, onto a little family time. The boys insisted on taking pictures at home the other day.
They're best friends!
Jonah posed with his dog (named, so affectionately "dog")
Jayton's prop of choice was a plastic shovel.
Another side note here..I love my little Jayton, but he takes the WORST pictures. Please see the following exhibit "A". Believe me, these are only a sample. Jayton's eyes are closed in almost all pictures of him! I secretly think he does it on purpose just to annoy his Mommy ;)
Exhibit "A"
I love my boys and all their crazy habits!
Yay Erin! I started WW (I assume that's what you're doing, although now that I've typed that I realize I could be wrong, ha!)...after I went back to work with Luke. I know I've lost a lot of weight, because I see the scales...but sometimes it's hard for me to "see" it like others do. Losing weight is hard to do...so proud for you! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Girlie! And yes, it is WW. Seeing all those people I know in the meetings helps to keep me accountable. Plus the fact that I try to keep track of it here on this blog also helps.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited that I found your blog!!! Your boys are so cute! I will enjoy reading about your twin boys . . . don't know many people with twin boys :) I also completely understand the weight gain struggle after having little ones. Why is it so hard? I always gain more in my preganacies than "the books" say you should gain, and always have the hardest time getting it off and especially keeping it off! I wish you all the best!! Again, I'm so glad I have a way to keep in touch with you! Ben was excited too when I told him I found your blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks Wendy! Twin boys are fun, but I bet having 4 boys will be even more fun for you! I heard it said one time that with having all boys, you will always be the queen to your castle. It's so funny to watch them interact and play with each other and I wouldn't have it any other way :)
ReplyDelete