Another favorite pass time of theirs is coloring. We've gone through about 8 coloring books since Spring. At one point I was even giving them my homework to color on! Here's one of Jonah's masterpieces: (Sorry, I can't figure out how to flip them around!)
Coloring
Jonah is a very serious artist!
His serious Face
I mentioned earlier about the lack of coloring books at our house. Saturday, we headed to Lifeway because they were having a Kids Day Sale. They had several Veggietale coloring books for 99cents (yes, please!) plus other Veggie sale items. While we were there, they also gave the boys some snacks, capri-sun and they also scored these awesome sunglasses (or "jazz" as the boys call all glasses).
Here's some pics of them in their new "Jazz"
Letters and numbers are also a new play-thing. Especially, if they are of the magnet variety. And, since my deep freeze is located in my kitchen, it offers an entire empty canvas for such magnetic fun!
(Notice the "Jazz" again. We're talking day #2. I'm just glad I convinced him NOT to wear them to church.)
Jayton is very good at counting... well to ten. Beyond ten is a little shaky. Here's a sample of him counting.
One, do, fee, fo, five, six, ven, A, ni, ten, ven, telve, sixteen, sixteen, sixteen, sixteen, sixteen, sixteen, SIXTEEN.
They can also recognize certain letters and numbers. For instance:
Me: Can you find "M" for Mama?
Jonah: (Finds the letter M) "Eight - Mama!"
Me: No that's an M, not an eight
Jonah: OK, eight, right.
**Oh well. The only letter that they actually pronounce correctly is "P for Pawpaw" the rest of them are eights. But... at least they recognize D for Daddy, B for BooBoo (the name they call my Mama), C for Cisgo, J for Jayton & Jonah, and G for Grandma.
Even Charger likes to play with numbers... if only I could train HIM to go potty!
In 3 more years when I see my babies starting Kindergarten I hope to look back on this blog and smile. Hopefully, Jayton will learn to read by then, and Jonah will learn to color within the lines. But most of all, I hope look back and find that they have lost those pink sunglasses!
No comments:
Post a Comment