Week 8 of the Weight-Loss journey was not much to blog about. I only lost .8lbs.... which IS a loss, but not much of one. This brings my grand total to -13.2lbs and my weekly average to 1.6lbs a week. Fearing that I had reached the dreaded "plateau" stage early, I decided that it was time to start exercising. Monday, I walked 1 mile and did 100 crunches. Now, I'm sure that if a trainer came in and saw me doing crunches, he would probably tell me that I'm actually NOT doing a crunch, I'm just wiggling around on the floor. But, after doing a 100 wiggles, it sure feels like 100 crunches to me! I couldn't even laugh or cough on Tuesday. I figure any movement is better than no movement :)
Tuesday, I stepped it up a bit with the walking: 2 miles. After my 1 mile walk on Monday, I just didn't feel as though I had pushed myself to the brink of exhaustion, so I went for the 2 mile loop on Tuesday. Much better, but I could still get out of bed the next day which leads me to believe that I still haven't reached my full potential. Due to church and choir practice last night, I didn't have time to walk, so tonight, I'm going to try a 2.5 or 3 mil and see if I can at least get a blister or 2 and feel like I'm suffering a bit for my weight-loss!
Family update:
The boys and I went to PawPaws yesterday for an oil change. I just love having a mechanic for a daddy! I wish I had taken some pictures, but I left my phone in the car, which was 7 feet up in the air on the lift. The boys had a blast playing in the dirt with some little tractors that Daddy had bought them. They also loved walking around and looking at all of PawPaws tractors and junk. Today, after breakfast, Jonah picked up his toy keys and said "Bye Mama".
I said "Where are you going?"
Jonah "Paw Paw's house"
Me: "What are you going to do at Paw Paw's?"
Jonah: "Fix Budn Budns (cars) and Dig dumps (tractors)"
What can I say? He's got Jordan in his blood.
PS: JB finally read The Blog and guess which one (and only) post he read? You guessed it!
It sounds like you are doing great with your exercise to me!! I can't remember the last time I did 100 crunches (or wiggles as I'm sure any trainer would call my crunches wiggles too). Oh, and Ben always reads the posts I would rather him skip! I actually made a little comment about him chaperoning Eli's field trips . . . ofcourse he read it and told me that he would be the best chaperone the school had ever seen!!
ReplyDelete