Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Come on, scales... I thought we were friends?

Well, the title says it all. Week # 11 of the Weight-loss journey resulted in a gain of 1 lb. Yikes!! It's ok, though. I didn't pitch a tantrum, through a fit, or eat an entire pizza when I got home to compensate for my disgust... so that's a step!

Since the weight-loss is obviously nothing to blog about this week, I will divert your attention to a different aspect of this journey that I've yet to mention: Inches-Lost. Since the beginning of this journey (at xxx.2 lbs), I have lost a total of 17.5 inches. Wow. Now that's worth celebrating. Granted, these inches lost are totaled from arms, bust, waist, hips, and thighs and not just from one area. I won't give you all the hairy details here, but I will tell you that I've lost 5 of those inches off of my waist alone. Not quite time for new pants, but we're getting closer.

Ok, enough about me. Let me tell you what else we've been up to these days. GRADUATING!!!! That word deserves more attention. Did you hear me? GRADUATING!!! And I'm not even talking about myself. JB GRADUATED!!!! Hallelujah. After 9 long years of changing majors, changing schools, and changing degrees, he finally FINISHED.
                                                                    I love this man!

I'm not certain of all of the different majors that he's had since most of them were "B.E" (Before Erin) but here's a run-down of the few that I know of:

Pharmacy tech
Engineering
Drafting (at 2 different times and schools, I might add)
Teaching
Physical Education
Mathematics
and finally, Religious Studies (this is the one he finally settled on and graduated with)


Now, he'll probably choose to read this blog and tell me that most of those were wrong, but you get the idea. He's changed his mind... A LOT. Which is why it has taken him 9 years to finish. (And I didn't even mention all the different schools he attended or planned on attending over the years!)

There are many addictions out there. Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco, Food, etc. Well, my husband suffers from an addiction also... and addiction to SCHOOL. He literally, doesn't remember NOT going to school. He doesn't know what to do with himself these days. No homework, no assigned reading. He picked up his computer the other day and said "I don't even know why I'm on this thing." Last week, I caught him online looking at colleges for his Master's Degree!! Of all the nerve. After 20+ years of school, looks like he'd want to stop.  It was then that I made him promise to take a 1 year sabbatical from higher education. "No school for a whole year, young man!" Trust me, this girl will only walk across that stage ONE time. There will be no MA or DR here.

Speaking of walking across the stage:



                                                                        I'm so proud!

The ceremony started at 9:00am, and we arrived at 8:30 but apparently everyone else got a memo that said to arrive at the crack of dawn because the only places left to sit were in the blazing sun on uncomfortable metal bleachers behind a large tree. Boo. And did I mention that JB was the first one across the stage? So no practice run for pictures. Luckily, I sat on the edge of the bleachers and had options to step around the tree and snap a few photos. At least I got a few pics after too:

(I'm not going to comment on the above picture... we all know I'm going through the Weight-loss so we'll just leave it unsaid)
                      Jonah had to give Daddy a hug. He'd been looking for him for a long time!
 This is Josh's college Advisor and Mentor, Bro Robbie White. Bro Robbie was also Josh's pastor when he lived in Huntsville as a child. It's amazing how things come full circle, huh?
Thank goodness our niece Becca decided to go with us instead of watching her brothers play football. She was a HUGE help with the boys!

I'm sure there's more to be said here, but anything else that has happened has slipped my mind. See you here next time where we'll celebrate Mine and JB's 5 year anniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment