***I know this is normally the time that I would blog about The Weight-Loss, but I'll update on that in a later posting. Last time I left you here, I promised a blog to celebrate 5 years with JB so here goes!**
JB and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary this past Saturday September 3rd. 5 years!?! That seems both so far away, yet just like it was yesterday. I was trying to think of a clever way to write this blog, but I never could decide. Should I recap in detail our dating experience, or should I just hi-light the past 5 years all together? I finally narrowed it down to a time-line format. Here's the short version/time-line of our entire lives together
April 25, 2006: JB contacts me via email on a dating website
***I could go into a lot of detail on this, but we'll just have to save it for a later blog.
May 3, 2006: JB and I talk for the first time on the phone
May 13, 2006: JB and I meet for the first time and have our first date. Concert, bodyguards, Cracker Barrell, etc... you know. regular date night stuff.
May 20, 2006: JB and I have our 2nd date (alone, this time). By the end of the date I have 7 missed calls from people checking on me. Apparently JB seemed like a shady kind of character.
Memorial Day, 2006: Josh declares that he is in love with me, but I don't return the favor.
Friday after Memorial Day 2006: JB and I are in a fender-bender on our way to my VBS commencement. This causes me to be late and for a brief moment several people think I've been abducted by JB (Again... I really don't think he looks that's shady!)
1st week of June 2006: I go to Myrtle Beach for a week with our Praise Band and discover that I miss JB terribly. Therefore, I must have been bit by the love bug also. I tell him that later in a phone call from the beach.
Last week of June, 2006: JB takes off on a Mission Trip to Alaska for 10 days.
July 10 2006: JB proposes and I accept. Wedding is scheduled for December 17, 2006
1st week of August, 2006: Wedding is rescheduled for September 3, 2006
Whole month of August: Chaos ensues as wedding plans and showers go into high gear at the sound of the wedding being moved up from 5 months to 5 weeks.
September 3, 2006: We Wed! At 3:00 pm on Sunday after church at Clairmont Springs
September 4-11,2006: The Honeymoon
End of September 2006: The Charge is added to our family after my discovery of a mouse trying to climb out of the garbage disposal
December 2006: Our first Christmas
September 2007: Our first Anniversary
Thanksgiving Day 2007: Sad news as JB and I realize that we've lost our first baby at 2 months pregnant.
April 12,2007: JB and I discover that we are having another baby
May 11, 2007: JB and I discover that we are having 2 babies!
November 20, 2008: Babies are here!
October 2010: JB and I move the family back to Clay County
OK, well that's pretty much the main points of our lives together. I know that there are several points that I left out, but I can't get them all in one blog. I can't wait to blog again in 2016 and let you all in on all the stuff from now until then! To all of those that are hoping to avoid the mushy-gushy you can stop reading now.
To JB: I love you so much! You're such a blessing to me and I don't know what I'd do without you. I love the Godly example that you set for our boys and I can only pray that they each grow up to be a Man of God like you. Thanks for 5 great years and I can't wait to see what God has in store for the rest of our lives.













No comments:
Post a Comment