Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Weight Loss Journey: Week #9

Ok, so we've reached the 9 week mark. I wish I could blog about the EXTREME loss of flab this week, but that's not the case. If you've read the previous blogs, you'd know that I've stepped up the exercise routine a bit. In fact, since last weigh-in, I've walked about 8 miles over 4 days. With all this exercise I expected large amounts of body fat to look up at me and say "I give up... With all this exercise, you're not the same person that you were. I'm leaving your hips for someone else's...Someone with... cheesecake and no will power". I wish I could say that's what happened...but it's not.

I gained.. wait... I can say it. I'm a grown up. I. GAINED. Arrrgh.

.8lbs.

Now, I know it's not even a whole pound, but to me it might has well been 10. After all the effort I put in to exercise, my body repays me with the unfortunate gift of poundage?! Really? *Sigh*

I've heard all the reasons, all the excuses, and most of them have a happy ending... that next week all of my hard work will pay off and I'll lose the weight I gained this week. But, right now.. well, honestly... it kinda makes me want to eat a half gallon of  Blue Bell (light, of course).

No, No... don't worry. I didn't give in to the Blue Bell, or the chocolate, or the... well, other bites of goodness. I couldn't let down all 6 of my blog readers. I'm pressing on. To the final goal... and a little red dress.

Oh, that's right. I forgot to tell you about the little red dress, didn't I? Well, it's kind of a long story so I'll condense it:

When Josh and I got engaged and I went shopping for a wedding dress, I told him that I bought a red dress. After all, I love the color red, and it was my wedding, so why not do something different? Of course.. I didn't REALLY buy a red wedding gown (even though now, I kinda wish I would have!), but since Josh didn't see it until our wedding day, he really thought it was red. I even bought red wedding shoes, which I, of course, showed to him to reinforce my "red dress" story. What makes this story special, is that EVERYONE was in on this little secret: My family, his family, even the minister told Josh a few moments before we were married "Man, I never thought she'd pull of that red dress, but she looks amazing!". Anyway, every girl dreams of the day she is walking down the aisle and sees her future husbands face for the first time... smiling in excitement and mesmerized by her beauty. Well, my future husband's face was shaking in disbelief and disappointment. The first thing he said to me when I reached the alter was "It's not red.. You LIED". Yes, while on the stage in front of all our family and friends in what should have been the most precious moment on our lives together.. he calls me a liar. Thankfully, he whispered it and I still got married in a white dress, but I have YET to live this down. 5 years later and he still talks about it.

OK, back to present day. I promised myself and Josh, that whenever I lost all of my weight, I'd buy a red dress. A nice cute little red dress. And he has to promise to never call me a liar ever again!

100lbs, Red dress... 2 promises that have yet to be kept. But.. we have a year, so we'll keep on trucking.

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh...doesn't it just make you cringe when you do everything you're supposed to and see a gain? Keep on keepin' on...in my experience if I gain (or lose VERY little) one week I usually have a significant loss the next week. =)

    ReplyDelete