I know, it's an endangered species around this house. Alone time. I had almost forgotten how to spell the actual phrase. As most mothers know, alone time is rare; rarest of rares. Even potty breaks and showers, which should be a breeding ground for alone time is always interrupted with a pounding on the bathroom door demanding attention. But, as few and far between as alone time moments may be, I actually got to experience one of these heavenly moments on Thursday night with a quick trip to fabulous Wal-Mart. That's right.Wal-Mart. Precious alone time, Wal-Mart.
This was Finals week for both me and JB, and while my finals consist of extremely difficult accounting tests, Josh's consists of extremely long papers. So, Thursday night we determined that we had run out of things that we can't replenish at the Pig or good ol DG and it was decided that a trip to Wally world was inevitable. However... as I previously mentioned, JB had a HUGE paper due and I wasn't about to lug the boys around WM by myself, so JB took one for the team and stayed home with the boys. Off I went.
Can I just say Oh. My. Word. You would have thought I was getting a massage and a pedicure! I know Wal-Mart isn't in the "most luxurious" category of any shopping spree, but I didn't care. Seriously. I hopped in the car, turned on MY music, at MY volume, drove the way I wanted to (abiding by all traffic lows of course) and frolicked, yes frolicked, to Wally world. Upon my arrival, I checked my list, got my buggy (not "shopping cart"--I'm in the South, after all!) and headed inside. Now, as a side note, I have to mention here, that normally I have my list made out to whatever store I'm shopping in. When you have wild children, its always a good idea to get in and out as fast as possible with absolutely NO dilly-dally or rambling around. Just in and out. But this time... Oh this heavenly moment... I didn't have to do any of that. I think I went up and sown every aisle. I'm talking every one of them. Toys, Hardware, Housewares, curtains, clearance, gift wrap, electronics, cat food, baby section, etc. Of course I didn't BUY any of those things... but it didn't matter. I was by myself and I could shop however I wanted to! I actually spent so much time in there, that JB called while I was checking out. I could tell by the disappointed sound of his voice that he expected me to be close to home with supper by now.
Well, I eventually got supper home in a goodly amount of time, and the fleeting moment of alone time was broken by lots of hugs and exclamations of "Mama's Back, Mama's Back!!" ......which isn't such a bad thing either! :)
So glad I found your blog...I'm a bit of an addict, ha! Isn't alone time grand?! Your boys are precious! :)
ReplyDelete