Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I really should be doing my homework...

Geez Louise, it's been a while since I've blogged. I tell you: I am knee waist  collar-bone deep in school work right about now. And if you can picture someone collar-bone deep in something, that usually means they are pert-near drowning. (You like the way I used that southern word "pert-near"? I'm not going to define it, because I gar-un-tee you all know what it means.). In fact, while writing this blog on the foreground, in the background my mind is saying "You've got a test tomorrow, a HUGE research paper due tomorrow, and 3 more chapters of Homework due... tomorrow. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?" Well, self, I'm blabbing blogging about my life.

Family update: The boys are growing, as normal toddlers do. Their vocabulary is increasing everyday (and some of those words I can actually understand!) Although, there are still a few, what I like to call "Jonah-isms". I believe you'd heard me mention before about several, but for reference sake (and translations sake!) I'll give you a brief dictionary or rather Thesaurus .

"Chick Nolk" : Chocolate Milk
"Eye Ya": Jayton
"Dawn-Dawn" : Jonah
"Boo Boo": My mother, his Grand-ma (although she may sometimes be referred to as "G-ma")
"Duck-Duck": Uncle Nick
"Wayne Wayne" Michael Wayne
"Cease Toe": Cisgo
"Cheenk Tot": Pop Tart
"Dig Dump": Backhoe, tractor, etc.
"Push Dirt": Bull Dozer
"Budn Budn": Car

And the list goes on. He is quite the little creative fellow! Jayton is better at pronouncing his words correctly and rarely does Jayton just make a new word for something, like Jonah. However, several of the above words are used by both boys.

I have to tell you this funny story, though before I move on to something else. The other night, while sitting in a parking lot after it had rained, Jonah looks out the window and sees several cars parked on top of puddles. After hearing his Mama reiterate this point many MANY times, he proceeds to inform me (and you may have to use the above Thesaurus to translate a few words)
Jonah: "Uh-oh, Mama. Those Budn budns pee peed in the floor"
Me (wanting to use this as a learning opportunity):"I see, Jonah. They really shouldn't have done that, should they? Where should Pee pee go"
Jonah: "In the potty.------Mama, You gonna clean it up?"

Enough about kids (Don't worry... I'll post more about Jayton next time. Don't won't the little booger feeling left out!)

JB's birthday was this past weekend. Maybe I should do a tribute to JB blog? Hmm.. something to think about.

Weight-loss Update: Down 19.6lbs. Just a mere .4lbs away from the big 20! Hopefully, I reach that milestone next week. So, I'm a little behind on my goals, but I'm not going to let that discourage me. (Nutella does enough to discourage me, but I'll save that for a later blog!). Also, 20 inches lost and my pants are starting fall down by the end of the day. Still not enough to constitute buying new clothes or opening up the tubs with the "One day I will wear this again" label, but we're getting closer every week. For now, a belt should do fine.

Until we meet again........

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back...even if it did cost you a little homework time, ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back although honestly I haven't checked in nearly as often as I could. Just getting caught up in my reading.

    Sorry about the grocery store meltdown trip. I have similar issues with one little one, so I can't imagine how you do it with two!

    Congrats on the 19 pounds! I'm down 18 now and really feeling the momentum (after bein at a virtual stand still).

    I will be back blogging on my personal site again soon, and will give everyone all of my updates. =)

    ReplyDelete